Village G+: Osho Quote II











































MARRIAGE is, in its naked reality, A STRATEGY by the society TO KEEP EVERYBODY UNDER CONTROL. And it is such a subtle way that nobody thinks -- at least in the beginning -- that it is going to be an imprisonment, a lifelong slavery.

BUT MARRIAGE HAS BEEN USED by all the societies in the world, in all the ages past, as A PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPRISONMENT; putting so much burden and responsibility on every individual that he has to kneel down, and in Zarathustra's words, has to become a camel, a beast of burden.

CAMELS DON'T REBEL. On the contrary, the more burden a camel can carry the more precious he becomes. The same is the situation of the married man: the more burden he carries, of the old parents, of the small children, of the wife, the more respectable, the more honored he becomes in the society. These are the ways, invisible chains, that will prevent a man from becoming a rebel.

The Rebel Ch #30: The slavery of marriage







“Whatsoever you can be you are. There is no goal. And we are not going anywhere. We are simply celebrating here. Existence is not a journey, it is a celebration. Think of it as a celebration, as a delight, as a joy! Don’t turn it into a suffering, don’t turn it into a duty, a work. Let it be play.!

“This is what I mean by becoming religious: no guilt, no ego, no trip of any kind…just being herenow…being with the trees and the birds and the rivers and the mountains and the stars!"




" I teach you joy not sadness. I teach you playfulness not seriousness. I teach you love and laughter because to me there's nothing more sacred than love and laughter and there is nothing more prayerful and playfulness."




“Love is the only religion. the only God, the only mystery that has to be lived, understood. When love is understood, you have understood all the mystics in the world.”




"Laughter is a great medicine. It is a tremendously powerful therapy. In your very laughter your guilty, your wounds, disappear."




"To me, there is only one religion and that religion is to find the inner voice, the inner guide. And the person who helps you to find your inner guide is the master. He helps you -- not to give yourself an outer discipline, he simply helps you to find the inner harmony which gives discipline"




"The capacity to be alone is the capacity to love. It may look paradoxical to you, but it's not. It is an existential truth: only those people who are capable of being alone are capable of love, of sharing, of going into the deepest core of another person--without possessing the other, without becoming dependent on the other, without reducing the other to a thing, and without becoming addicted to the other. They allow the other absolute freedom, because they know that if the other leaves, they will be as happy as they are now. Their happiness cannot be taken by the other, because it is not given by the other !" - Osho-




"Life is a garden. It is an opportunity. You can grow weeds, you can grow roses; it all depends on you."





“Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.”

"The intelligent person depends on his own insight; he trusts his own being. He loves and respects himself"





I don’t promise you any heaven, and I don’t make you afraid of any hell; there is none. I don’t say, ”You have to follow me, then only can you be saved.” That is absolutely egoistic. Jesus says, ”Come, follow me.” Even my book on Jesus is titled Come Follow Me. That is not my statement, it is Jesus’ statement. If you ask me I will say, ”Never! Don’t follow me, because I am myself lost. Unless you choose to be lost forever like me... then it is okay.” To me, anybody claiming any kind of superiority, and you have to follow him – it is a fascist attitude.

My sannyasins are not my followers but my fellow travelers, my friends, my lovers !




Related :
Village G+: Osho Quote I
Finding the Earth : March, 2019 : Hippie Village

Comments